Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Making Like-Kind Exchanges (1031) in Real Estate Used for Business or Investment

If you have real estate used for business or investment, you may exchange that property for another of “like kind” without recognizing a gain or loss under the tax codes. IRS Code Section 1031 provides for the exchange. There must be a “qualified intermediary” between the exchangers, a role that we are happy to perform at the Adams Law Firm. Please give us a call, if you are interested in learning more about this transaction.

Find more information at the IRS website:,,id=98491,00.html